Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Things to Think About..

Now that I am attending Illinois State University as a transfer student, the question I ALWAYS get is "do you regret transferring/". While I do feel I did miss out on making friends, and living in the dorm, I absolutely do not regret transferring. I attended Joliet Junior College, which is actually a pretty large and known junior college. When I first started JJC I was extremely nervous but after a week of driving 30 minutes I quickly got into a routine. I would make sure I would leave 10 minutes earlier and go and get a Dunkin Donuts coffee and listen a playlist I made.

This was were I got a chance to go into actual classrooms and do 50+ hours of observations. This is what reassured me in my choice of being a elementary school teacher. It allowed me to go into the classrooms and get to see what teachers really do. This really was beneficial for me to see a true classroom. 

So I honestly do not regret transferring. It was a great way to make sure I made the right choice for my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment