Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Scary Unknown

One thing that absolutely frightens me about education is student teaching. For me, I am half excited half scared to death of what is to come. I know what you are thinking, "If you are this scared, why are you going into education?". Well in my last blog I explained this reason and I still stand by my choice of pursuing education. So why am I so scared? To answer this I have to tell a story about myself and it will all make sense. It all has to do with how I let myself get worked up over little things. For example, I had to get two of my baby teeth pulled when I was 10, I was scared to death. I did not eat that morning because I was so nervous. So half way through I thought "Okay I'm good, almost over. no big deal.", so I thought. I started to feel this tingly feeling all over and I knew I was on the verge of passing out. We had to stop in the middle and wait for me to calm down and feel better. I get myself worked up over things that I get to the point of passing out. This has happened around 5 times, and one time I full on passed out (super embarrassing). So do I think I'm going to pass out student teaching? Of course I don't, I just know how stressed and nervous I will be for the whole year of doing PDS.

Student teaching will probably be the most stressful thing to happen in my life and I am fully set to embrace this stress. I feel like college students today live on stress. Its wake up, get coffee, stress, stress, stress, stress some more, and finally go to sleep at 1am, only to do it all over tomorrow. With this in mind, I have to remember to breath, I will get through this. When I do get through this I will have my own classroom, and my own students to teach. I don't even want to think about the stress of my first year of teaching.. Like I said college students run on stress and it is not something that will hold me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment